The role of technology comes into play as organisations recognise the need to understand the efficient operation and condition of their assets as a starting point for planning of investment, renewal or diversification priorities.
The use of digital technologies in enterprise asset management enables the capture of critical information relating to the operation and condition of assets and the creation of intelligent solutions to drive an organisation’s asset management programme. Ultimately, these technologies help business managers make smart investment decisions and priorities.
Smart companies win in the digital age
An intelligent enterprise is an entity that connects people, processes, data and technologies as a means to accelerate digital transformation. The use of smart technologies in combination maximizes the value achieved by implementing these solutions in business processes and digital activities. In the field of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), some of the technologies with the greatest impact are
- The Internet of Things.
- Big data and data analytics.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Augmented reality.
- Cloud computing.
Any company with a high number of assets needs visibility, control and integrated automation to manage the complete cycle of the asset. In this way, it is possible to achieve greater efficiency in the management of all types of assets, from traditional physical assets to intelligent assets, on a single technological platform.
With good asset management and the correct use of digital technologies, organisations can
- Increase the life of assets.
- Better manage investments.
- Reduce inventory costs and control spending.
- Increase management and reduce operational risks.
- Highlight operational capabilities through workflow automation.
- Generate reports through performance indicators.
- Improve inventory reliability.
- Mitigate compliance issues and risk.
- Improve customer relationships.
- Improve communication and collaboration.
Digital technologies are revolutionizing the operation of companies through innovative systems that are adaptable to the needs of each organization.
Applications and tools for enterprise asset management (EAM)
A strategic management system for business assets must include global management applications, integrating with the design and construction phases of the assets and including tools from construction project management to maintenance management, safety or energy efficiency, among many others.
These applications are present throughout the entire life cycle of the asset:
- Project Management: Tools that improve the monitoring of projects and provide information and key performance indicators.
- Document Management: Classification, custody and online administration of all types of digitalised technical-legal documentation related to the life cycle of your assets.
- Maintenance Management: Control and monitoring of incidents, work orders from centres, managers and suppliers, automation of preventive maintenance plans and traceability of maintenance budgets.
- Energy Management: Automatic collection, storage and processing of energy data, related to energy consumption and planning of corrective and improvement measures with guarantees.
- Environmental Management: Control of withdrawals and documentation of waste management processes, maintenance of purification facilities, environmental data analysis.
- Campaign Management: Handling of visit reports in digital format, supported by mobile devices.
- Legalisation Management: Automation of the regulatory plans of your assets from the centralisation of information, mitigating the risk of administrative sanctions.
The combination with support tools such as agendas, alarms, planners, dynamic reports, simulators, or mobile applications, greatly facilitates the global management of assets.
Retain: technology and engineering for asset management
Retain is a transversal technological solution that facilitates the efficient management of operations and the CAPEX-OPEX relationship. Through a web platform, Retain offers a set of modular tools and solutions aimed at improving efficiency and reducing the cost of asset life, both in the construction and maintenance phases.
Do you want more information? Contact us without obligation.