Managing service providers is part of the daily tasks of maintenance managers. Subcontracting continues to grow, whether in maintenance operations, industrial processes, ancillary equipment or buildings. Preventive and corrective maintenance services are available, as well as those related to regulatory controls.
An EAM system designed for maintenance and technical service providers facilitates the day-to-day work of technicians, and the management of clients and contracts, workloads and all associated documentation.
Intelligent supplier management
Many maintenance managers today are faced with the fact that it is very difficult to manage outsourced maintenance operations due to the high number of service companies they can potentially work with. The tracking of outsourced interventions, documentation, storage of intervention documents and comparison between service providers are sometimes difficult to handle.
The maintenance and operations manager plays a highly responsible role that requires leadership and planning, where he or she must make effective decisions that create value for the company. This implies time management, contingency management, budget control, task coordination or the selection of good suppliers, among others.
Good suppliers can improve their processes and efficiency. Communication is based on objective data. Agility in collections and in the application of SLAs.
One of the objectives of a MAS is to enable maintenance managers to improve the monitoring of outsourced services. Therefore, the application has the functionality to manage maintenance providers and optimize their monitoring.
Supplier management services help to manage one of the most critical areas in many organisations:
- Global vision and control of supplier management through KPIs.
- Improves the precision in the selection of suppliers according to the specialities and the needs of the business.
- The relationship with suppliers is optimised, rationalised and automated.
- Reduction of administrative tasks. Release of the organisation’s resources.
- Competitive improvements derived from the links between suppliers and internal customers in the organisation.
Benefits of managing maintenance providers in an MEA
Many benefits can be quickly quantified in the management of maintenance service through an MEA:
- Traceability and control of outsourced operations.
- Archiving and history of the work carried out.
- It is possible to visualize the interventions carried out by the supplier: description of the intervention with the name of the equipment, the date of the intervention and the past time.
- Information on the supplier accessible to the company’s employees.
- Internal comparison of registered and budgeted suppliers.
- Improved monitoring of maintenance contracts and management of equipment under warranty.
- Qualification of suppliers of maintenance services according to a set of criteria (cost, quality, safety, deadlines).
- Information security: external actors cannot access any information that is not desired in relation to the intervention (name of the equipment, description of the intervention, etc.).
- Improve communication between technical managers and suppliers through workflows and collaborative schemes. Availability of objective information. Reduction of bureaucratic processes.
- Managers have a tool that helps them to align supplier management with business strategy and competitive objectives.
Retain and supplier management
Retain’s processes and technology allow us to streamline the relationship with maintenance providers and increase control over their activity and performance.
We also provide additional services with the aim of optimising, rationalising and automating the relationship with suppliers and freeing up company resources currently dedicated to these tasks. We help manage supplier knowledge through KPIs and other indicators.
These supplier control activities include other related activities, such as PRL management at suppliers.
- Overview of supplier performance.
- Improvement in supplier selection processes.
- Reduction of administrative tasks within the organisation.
Do you want more information? Contact us and a specialist will solve all your doubts without obligation.